Sometimes families in Cleveland face challenges that require the assistance of a family attorney. Whether your marriage has lasted a few years or a few decades, you may decide that it is time to start over. We understand this is a difficult time for everyone in your family and as a family law firm, we are committed to handling your legal matters in a compassionate and responsible manner.
Regardless of the issues your family is facing, divorce is never easy and involves several challenges including dealing with child custody in Cleveland. At RaslanPla & Company, LLC, we will meet with you, take the time to understand your goals and then lay out a plan to meet those goals. We understand you want a family lawyer in Columbus who is compassionate and has a thorough understanding of Ohio divorce law.
Services Provided by a Cleveland Family Law Attorney
Cleveland families who are facing challenges often turn to a RaslanPla & Company, LLC family lawyer to help them with some of the most difficult decisions they must make. These decisions often include:
- Divorce – when a couple decides they can no longer make their marriage work, a Cleveland family lawyer can help you prepare the required documents and help with court filings.
- Child Custody – in some cases, a couple may be able to reach an agreement on custody of their minor children. However, in the event they are unable to do so, the courts will decide based on the best interests of the child or children. Family courts in Cleveland will take into consideration the wishes of the child depending on their age.
- Alimony – most courts will not award alimony if a marriage has lasted less than five years. However, there are exceptions to this and your family lawyer should discuss these with you if they apply in your case. Ohio courts may offer short-term or long-term alimony based on numerous factors.
- Paternity – fathers who have not been named on a birth certificate have the right to be involved in their children’s lives. Children have the right to the financial and emotional support of both parents. It may be necessary to prove paternity to be granted visitation rights or to secure child support payments. Discuss this information with your Cleveland family lawyer.
- Child Support – in Cleveland, child support payments are based on the income of both parents as well as the expenses of raising a child. You should discuss these calculations with your family lawyer so you understand what the court may order. In some instances, after a divorce it may be possible to modify child support orders if needed. Contact your Cleveland family law attorney if you currently believe there is a reason to modify a child support order.
Remember, even if a couple cannot reach an agreement on their own, your family lawyer in Cleveland can ensure the court has a full understanding of your position as it pertains to custody and other matters. You should always have strong representation in court so your case for custody or shared custody is presented to the court. A family law attorney will fight hard to preserve your rights during all legal proceedings. We understand that this is an emotional time and that providing you with the advice you need is important so you will understand your options and the possible outcomes of your family law case.
Raslan Pla and Company, LLC, is staffed by family lawyers located in Cleveland, Ohio. We also offer our services to those in the following areas:
- Akron, OH
- Cincinnati, OH
- Youngstown, OH
- Toledo, OH
Contact our offices at (216) 928-1500 or toll free at (877) 928-1501. We may also be reached by emailing our offices at email@example.com. Call us today and let us help you with your family law matters.